Mercy Aigbe Wanted To Quit Acting Over Sexual Harassment

 


Mercy Aigbe, a Nigerian actress, director, fashionista, and businesswoman, wanted to leave the industry due to sexual harassment. Mercy Aigbe, widely renowned for her Yoruba indigenous films, has shared her experience with the rest of the world.

Mercy Aigbe has received a lot of attention recently because she converted to Islam. She converted to Islam after marrying filmmaker Kazeem Adeoti in 2022. She received a lot of attention after sharing her tale of sexual harassment.

In an interview with 'Your Views,' a TVC discussion show, the Nigerian actress stated that she had hurdles in the industry and rose to the top via consistency.

"I once met a producer in Surulere, and I expressed to him how much I would love to act," the actress explained. Following the last audition, I was cast in a minor role. I told him it wasn't the role I was auditioning for, and he said I should be close to him (the producer). He attempted to touch me. "If that's what it takes to be an actress, I don't want to be an actress anymore."

Mercy Aigbe was distressed by the scenario. She cried as a result of the incident. She went on to say, "I had left a well-paying job to join Nollywood, and I was already a single mother at the time."
 
She also said in the interview that she converted to Islam because she loved her spouse. The actress went on to say, "I just decided on my own to convert to Islam because I love my husband so much."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Sultan Al Jaber Addresses Climate Goals and Finance Commitments at Africa Climate Summit 2023

With Emirati Mediation, a prisoner swap agreement was reached between (Russia and Ukraine).

UAE’s Masdar 10GW Growth Plan Is A Boon For Africa